Nightmare Cody Rhodes enjoying massive popularity
and upswing in WWE
The Dream; Takes key part of gimmicks, personal, plus
Rebel Cigars and co to world's leading wrestling
WWE friendly wrestling war continues
wins Media Man 'Wrestler Of The Month' award
Rebel Cigars Instagram American
Rebel Cigars Facebook
Rebel Cigars Instagram
wrestlers shocked, one person says unhappiness
led to Cody Rhodes departure - February 15, 2022
Meltzer did a very detailed
write-up on the Cody and Brandi Rhodes situation
that led to their exit from AEW.
following was noted in the write-up:
and Brandi Rhodes three-year deal with AEW expired
on December 31, 2021 and there had been talks over
the past six weeks about a new deal. Both continued
to work on community relations and on TV with the
idea that they were staying. While Cody missed TV
in early January due to a COVID-19 issue, he returned
to lose the TNT Championship to Sammy Guevara.
To The Top had been renewed for a second season but
there was no formal announcement made and the belief
is that the show will not return. Cody is also a judge
on The Go Big Show. His departure from AEW likely
means that he wont be back next season.
noted that until negotiations fell apart on Monday,
most people in AEW were not aware that anything is
up and the belief was that Cody and Brandi were staying.
It was also noted that several people were surprised
and didnt know anything until the day of but
one person said that he knew this was coming a few
weeks ago and he categorized it as unhappiness
even though everyone claimed that the EVPs were
getting along the best they have been in a long time.
One person was said to have used the term heartbroken
about the situation.
was also noted that both Cody and Brandi have kept
quiet on talks and the belief is that they have not
spoken to anyone about their split from AEW. Cody
had been open about working without a contract but
he had given the impression that he was expecting
to reach an agreement on a new deal. Brandi recently
closed a deal between AEW and the American Heart Association
and Cody worked with Amanda Huber in the community
added that as of Monday evening, there were lawyers
involved to work out the split and both Cody and Brandi
can start with WWE immediately since they are not
under contract. In WWE, there has been talk about
the possibility of Cody joining the company but there
is nothing known on Brandis status but she has
talked about wanting to wrestle.
Khan has said in the past that he had options on all
the key talent for 2022. He used that option clause
to extend The Young Bucks and Chris Jericho and Cody
had an option year as well so that would have been
Khans call not to exercise it for Cody and Brandi.
is pro wrestling and theres always the possibility
that this is a work similar to what Brian Pillman
did in 1996. Pillman convinced WCW management to let
him out of his contract and work some dates for WCW
with the idea that he would eventually go back to
WCW. But it turned out that Pillman worked Bischoff
and he ended up getting more money from Vince McMahon.
If this were a work, then this one would, in theory,
lead to Cody and Brandi returning to AEW at some point
but all signs point to this departure being legitimate.
Cody and Brandi had been struggling this past year
with fans turning on them around the time of the feud
with Anthony Ogogo. Cody had enough of the negativity
on social media and he decided to hand over his Twitter
account to the community relations department. Fans
were also very hard on Brandi and while she was supposed
to be a babyface in her recent feud with Dan Lambert
and Paige VanZant, there was a vocal part of the audience
who still booed her even with Lambert trying to get
fans to hate him.
on the departure of Cody and Brandi Rhodes:
Rhodes reportedly had a falling out with Tony Khan
expects to come to an agreement with Cody Rhodes
and Brandi Rhodes split from AEW happened yesterday,
they are free to sign with WWE right away
Rhodes addresses his status with AEW
The Godfather reveals he and The Undertaker would
get women for his entrance from strip clubs -
February 1, 2022
Godfather Charles Wright was on this weeks
episode of Insight with Chris Van Vliet
to talk about the inception of The Godfather gimmick,
Right to Censor, his thoughts on the Hall of Fame,
and having women walk with him to the ring.
said his wife came up with the Godfather gimmick:
was not pitched to me. My wife came up with it,
wasnt that I should be a pimp, but she said,
If you can make people see you for who you really
are. Youre not a voodoo man, youre not
an Ultimate Fighter, youre not a Nation member.
Just be who you are.'
didnt want to be a pimp. I hated pimps, but
everything she asked me to do that I didnt want
to do, it worked, Godfather said.
the time, I was in the Nation of Domination and they
were building The Rock. Me and DLo Brown are
just walking to the ring with The Rock, and when it
was time for Undertaker or Steve Austin to do the
finish, we were feeding into it. Thats all we
were doing. My contract was coming up, and Ive
got to come up with something different. Im
still under contract with WWE to this day. We grew
out my hair, built this character, it kind of just
said he hated the Right to Censor gimmick:
hated it. As soon as they told me what I was doing,
that was why you would see me come and go all the
time, he shared.
always had the strip clubs here in Vegas, so I always
had means of making money. So when I was not having
fun and not making money, I would leave. I would go
to Vince and I would say, Hey Vince, its
time for me to go. He would just laugh and say,
Okay, Charles. Well call you in a year
or so and see if you want to come back. That
is how it would go.
if he thought The Godfather would be a Hall of Fame
depends how you look at it. Money wise, yes. Even
though it was a mid-card character, it was over like
a top character. It sold a lot of merchandise, still
sells merchandise, and when I go to these signings,
there are still people who want to see The Godfather,
which is so cool.
when the girls first started appearing on TV:
said to me, Charles, do you think you could
go and get girls? Im like, Vince,
are you joking? Me and Taker are in the strip clubs
I go and grab The Undertaker, and we go to the strip
club, this is during the day, we grab 3 or 4 girls
and take them back to the WWF, they sign them, pay
them, we take them on TV and they (WWE) doesnt
ask me anything, just tell me to do what you do,
swear I went from walking through an airport and maybe
some people noticed you, to the next day, people are
like, Godfather, where are the hos?
It got over the second it got on TV.
News Wars Continue To Heat Up says Media Man agency
Man Culture Media
Man News Media
Man Int Wrestling
News Media WWE.com
New Japan Pro
Wrestling Torch MMA
Wrestling Sheet Fightful
Open Radio SportsKeeda
media wars follow suit in Australia, United States, Europe
mans real news is another man's fake news
vs "The Facts"
wrestling more honest sports entertainment that boxing, NRL, AFL, Boxing, Tennis
wrestlers some of the original and best stunt performers and fight scene actors
pop culture and news writers returning to websites to exercise free speech and
unrestrained journalism; Trends away from social media for established publishers
Wrestling news aka Sports Entertainment via Media Man website network and associates
INC Wrestling Observer Pro
Wrestling Torch MMA Torch
Wrestling Sheet Fightful Busted
Open Radio SportsKeeda
FREE Trial on "IMPACT + Plus" SUBSCRIPTION!
The gift a WRESTLING fan will appreciate all year long! A monthly or yearly Subscription
to Impact Wrestling-watch over 3,000 hours of matches!
Select MMA, Pro Wrestling and Boxing matches. Pay only $7.99 to $49.99 for
best MMA, Pro Wrestling and Boxing fights!
should move to any other night, get away from us' - Chris Jericho slams WWE with
a bold statement - 4th September 2020
lost! There's nothing wrong with conceiting defeat and moving to a different night."
Chris Jericho had a lot more to say.
are rumors about WWE possibly moving NXT to a different night.
Dynamite and NXT have aired on different days for the past few weeks. As expected,
the results have been quite positive for both companies. Both shows have drawn
huge numbers without any competition, and there is also talk about NXT possibly
moving out from the Wednesday slot. Chris Jericho, who has always been on the
offensive when it comes to AEW's ratings victories over WWE, has sent another
bold message to the WWE.
a recent appearance on the Busted
Open radio show, the Demo God addressed the rumors of WWE contemplating a
change of day for NXT.
Jericho said that he wasn't surprised that the WWE was planning on retreating
from the Wednesday Night Wars. The AEW Superstar sent a direct message to his
former employers that they should move to another night. Chris Jericho felt that
WWE had a great program, and their spiteful tactic of going up against AEW was
only hurting NXT's ratings.
Jericho says WWE should just conceit defeat
Jericho declared that AEW isn't going anywhere and that Dynamite would continue
to beat NXT. Jericho felt that WWE retreating is the right move from a business
standpoint. 'Le Champion' isn't bothered about NXT breaching the 800k or 900k
barriers as he and AEW are focussed on getting over the 1 million mark. He also
spoke about the importance of the 18-49 demographic.
Jericho said that the WWE lost, and there is nothing wrong for them to conceit
defeat. The former AEW World Champion concluded by proclaiming that no one can
stop All Elite Wrestling.
Chris Jericho's full statement on the rumors of WWE moving to another night and
the ongoing ratings war:
again, it was never a war for me. This is a war that was thrust upon us by a company
that is very petty and very spiteful, and we know the reason why NXT was moved
to Wednesday nights. To mess with us. We get it. We pay attention to what we are
doing. We don't care what they're doing, and we have no interest in it. If you
watch us, you get the ratings, where we beat them week after week. We beat them
in the demos where people think it's jokes. The only thing that matters is the
TV networks and advertisers that listed the 18-49 demo. Look it up. We win every
week. They should retreat. They should move to any other night. Get away from
us! You guys got a great program, and it's good; why would you want to sacrifice
your own ratings just to be spiteful and petty to go head to head with AEW? We're
not going anywhere and put on anything you want - we'll continue to beat you.
It is a retreat, but it's also the right move from a business standpoint. Get
your head out of your rear end and just worry about your product the same way
we worry about ours. If they move to Tuesday, smart move. That way, you guys can
get your 850 thousand, 900 thousand. Whatever! Get 10 million viewers. Congratulations!
Let us do our thing, and we'll get over a million. I think it's a smart move business-wise
on theirs. They lost! There's nothing wrong with conceiting defeat, moving to
a different night, and worrying about your show and not worrying about going head
to head with AEW because you can't stop us." H/t WrestlingInc
Chris Jericho is just doing his job of putting over AEW, many fans would argue
that both shows airing on different nights would be the right decision as they
can watch both shows. The ratings and viewership figures from the past few weeks
have proven that putting out shows on separate days could be ideal for moving
don't forget to check out the latest interview from Sportskeeda in which our very
own Gary Cassidy caught up with Chris Jericho. The legendary star discussed a
plethora of topics, including the possibility of Brock Lesnar coming to AEW, the
origins of his nickname, Jon Moxley, Orange Cassidy, and much more.
here for full article and multimedia