Editor - Soapbox - Facts From The Media Man - 26th
Dear Soapbox Editor
an Internet broadcaster plus, my soap box idea
might be worth a few bob or two.
think that some segments of traditional media
needs to stop being so "precious" about
their big media companies.
- internet and new media is here to stay
- people are turning away from hard copy newspapers
in droves and turning to respected and even the
odd "out there" news sources, such as
SMH - Fairfax Digital, Crikey and Mediaman
- the traditional adverting market will continue
to feel the heat from online adverting
- TV portals such as 'Hottest On TV' are going
to continue to build cred with the audience that
used to watch TV, and that the public demands
to have their voice (or vote) heard, and 'Hottest'
is onto something big - 2.3 million hits p.m
- online publishing and promotion works - witness
Nige 54's 'Around The World In 80 *abes!' That's
what I call a hot seller, and Nige 54 is a trail
blazer in what authors websites are able to achieve
- online dating companies are none to pleased
with Vena McGrath's 'Secrets, Lies & Chat'.
She more than adequately covers the nasty side
of the web in her tell all tale.
- SMH online is Australia's online news source
(that's why I integrated your online news feeds)!